Moving home is a milestone in one’s life. New beginnings and new challenges await. However, moving is not as easy as simply moving yourself and your belongings. Regardless of one’s motivations, moving entails a lot of preparations and hard labour. To ensure a worry-free moving experience, here is a moving home checklist one must prepare:
1. Plan the mechanics It is assumed that the destination for moving is already tidy and ready for occupancy. Before everything else, plan the mechanics on how will you move. Allot your budget and ensure that would be enough to cover unexpected changes to the plan. This should be done at least eight weeks before the target day of moving. It is recommended to tap the services of man and van London. For example, an average moving company in London could charge around £1200 for a full package. This package includes professional fees for packing one’s belongings, disassembly and reassembly of furniture, and transportation of goods up to 50 miles away. Having a digital spreadsheet containing your item checklist, budget allowances, and other important details are also good. Preferably, store this document at the cloud. Want to easily access the quote of house removals London? Have a copy of all digital correspondence such as quotations and schedules in the cloud so that it can be easily accessible using your smartphone or computer.
2. Review all documents Before starting any laborious work, review first all documents necessary for the moving. These include mover contracts (if applicable), homeownership papers, and other necessary documents. If you contract the service of man and van London, moving company, or any other removalist services, make sure to read all the terms and conditions stipulated in the contract to prevent any problems or conflicts in the future. Make sure the coverage of the contract is sufficient to provide peace of mind during the moving process. Ensure that the moving company London is registered. If necessary, consult legal advice.
3. Get boxes and packaging materials To ensure the protection of one’s belongings, it is recommended to look for good quality boxes and packaging accessories such as duct tape and bubble wrap. While doing this, it is best to examine which items should be moved and which items should be disposed of or donated. At this point, avoid purchasing any bulky items such as appliances or furniture.
4. Inform Utility Providers At least four weeks before the moving day, inform utility providers (water, electricity, gas, cable, internet, cellular phone), and banks of your change in address. This is done to give them ample time to process your disconnection or to transfer their service to your new location, if applicable. Similar to the previous statement, it is recommended to check if the same or better services are available at your new location. Make sure that they receive or acknowledge your advisory to prevent lost bills or wasted service (e.g. providing and charging you for the telephone line you didn’t use after leaving).
5. Start Packing Now that the packaging materials have been prepared. It is now time to start packing. It is best to pack items that will less likely be used in the coming days prior to the moving day. Depending on the number of possessions you have and the number of people who will pack, this process may take days or even weeks. You may also opt to bring to the garage or any safe and secure place items or furniture for easier packing. If you are packing things indoors and not in a roofed garage or shed, ensure that the boxes can be easily brought outside without needing to disassemble any doors.
6. Start House Cleanup After completing the packing, the house can now be tidied up and ready for the next occupant. Should you refuse the avail of professional cleaning services, it is recommended to use only basic cleaning tools such as laundry detergent, stain remover, and toilet cleaner.
7. Ensure a smooth moving day Once the lorry of the moving company has arrived, supervise the process and be polite to the hardworking movers. Once the moving process is finished, make sure that you review all items and have them carefully placed at your new office. The next step to claim your new place as your home involves unpacking, laying out, and decorating your new place. Hopefully, the moving process was done smoothly and without issues.