You may not enjoy cleaning the house very much, but it is very important to keep your surroundings clean and stay in a hygienic environment. Cleaning is also mandatory in order to protect yourself from catching any disease or infection. Keep disinfectants, spray, and wipes in your home. Routine cleaning is different from disinfection; therefore, cleaning shouldn't be confused with disinfection.
Routine cleaning- It involves removing germ from the surface. Small germs and dirt are removed from surfaces in simple cleaning.
Disinfecting- It involves the killing of germs. Disinfection of the house is vital because, in normal cleaning, you might remove the germs but not kill the germs. If you want to clean the surface effectively, then disinfection is significant. Disinfection kills the germs and prevents their rapid growth.
You can find disinfectant sprays online or in the market; however, while buying disinfectant, look at the ingredients being used in it. Considering the following things will help you in purchasing the best disinfectant spray for home.
A good disinfectant must have active ingredients, those that have been tested in the lab and proven effective in killing various germs, including viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites. Although you might not know about all the ingredients, there are three active ingredients that you can easily understand, including alcohol, chlorine, and hydrogen peroxide; these are the most common ingredients found in commercial disinfectants
Alcohol- Alcohol is a part of many disinfecting products, including wipes, sprays, and liquids. You can disinfectant your floors, mirrors, and other households. However, for alcohol to disinfect perfectly, the surface should remain wet for 30 seconds. It will result in the killing of all the germs. At 70% concentration, alcohol is effective against viruses but not bacteria.
Chlorine- Chlorine is a form of sodium chloride; it is household bleach used for cleaning purposes for decades. Chlorine helps to kill bacteria and other types of germs. Dilute your household bleach at the rate of 1/3 cup of bleach per gallon of water for cleaning hard surfaces. Try not to mix bleaches with other cleaners because that can result in fumes' formation due to reaction.
Hydrogen peroxide- Hydrogen peroxide is another active ingredient found in disinfectants created to be used on hard and non-pours surfaces. They are available in the form of sprays and liquids. Apply it on any surface. Let it stay there for a minute and then clean the surface.
EPA registration number
The environmental protection agency EPA has registered a disinfectant list for all those products that are specified for killing different types of germs. All the products that claim to kill the pathogens must have EPA registration no. on their label.
These disinfectants have multiple varieties and are available in various forms, including spray bottles, wipes, liquids, and an aerosol can.
Spray bottles- Large variety of disinfectants can be found in spray bottle form. You can also purchase an empty spray bottle and fill up a disinfectant in it. The disinfectant is sprayed on non-pours and hard surfaces. You can find the best disinfectants spray for home at any local market.
Wipes- Wipes are the simplest method of quick cleaning; wipes are pre-moistened in a container. Whenever you need to clean something, remove a wipe from the container, and use it. They can be used on handles, furniture, and other objects.
Liquid- The liquid formulation is used directly on the surface out of a jug or bottle. Liquid disinfection can be of two types. They can be available in diluted form or concentrated form. If the disinfectant is concentrated, you need to dilute it first with water, then you can use it. Liquids can be filled in spray bottles or just applied to sponges or directly on the surface.
Tips for cleaning the surfaces
Always read and follow the instructions mentioned on the label before using any disinfection. They are meant to ensure your safety and for effective use.
For hard surfaces
· If you are using disinfection with high chemicals for hard surfaces, wear disposable gloves while cleaning the surfaces.
· Discard the gloves or wash them properly after disinfecting the surface. Wash your hands after removing the gloves.
· If the surface is very dusty, you can first clean it with water and soap and then apply disinfectant to kill the remaining germs.
· Wear eye protection for potential splash hazards.
· Do not mix different cleaning chemicals together to increase their effect because chemicals can react with each other.
· Do not apply these products on your skin directly as they can burn your skin or cause serious harm
· keep disinfectants far from the reach of children and pets.
Follow the instruction before cleaning your expensive electronic devices. Mostly wipes are used for cleaning of electronic appliances. You can also use spray that contains 70% alcohol to disinfect the touch screen.
You can disinfect your laundry with disinfectants. If you are not using gloves, then wash your hands after handling dirty laundry.
· Try not to shake dirty laundry because it will minimize the possibility of dispersing the virus through air.
· Follow the guidance mentioned on the label while washing the laundry.
· Chemical disinfectants and sanitizers are required to control diseases. They are hazardous to children, especially if available in concentrated form. These products should be stored in original labeled form and should not be accessible to children,
· Before using any chemical carefully read all the instructions and safety data sheets.
· Do not spray solution when children are nearby because of ir skin to avoid skin exposure and inhalation.
If you do not want to use harmful disinfectants at your home, there are so many natural products that can be used. These products include vinegar, lemon juice, tea tree oil, and soap and water. You can also make non-toxic cleaners by combing these ingredients. These ingredients are cheaper than other chemicals, so they may save your money. They are also homemade; therefore, you do not need to worry about toxic compounds. You can use them just like other cleaners available in the market.